Spend an action-packed day on a personal guided tour, cream tea and The Scramble Experience at the Battle of Britain Memorial for two.
Kick things off with a 40 minute personal guided tour with exclusive access and information from a site tour guide, including viewing lifesize Spitfire and Hurricane replicas. You’ll also enjoy the high-tech interactive Scramble Experience that’ll see you learn more about the Battle of Britain and bring the site to life. Feel the emotion as you watch a unique and moving film created specifically for the Trust, demonstrating what life was like for the Few in the summer of 1940.
As part of your experience, you’ll also tuck into a cream tea in the Cockpit Café, complete with scones, jam, clotted cream and either tea or coffee while enjoying stunning views of the Channel. With plenty of hands-on activities in the Experience and a series of interactive panels delving deeper into the Battle, this promises to be a great day out for all.
- 40 minute personal guided tour with exclusive information and access to the site
- Access to the high-tech and interactive Scramble Experience
- Delicious cream tea with spectacular views of the Memorial
- Hands-on activities and interactive panels delving deeper into the Battle of Britain
Once you have purchased an experience, you will be emailed the relevant gift voucher. Please check your spam/junk folder.
Please also note that the weather can affect this experience during the winter months. If there is extreme weather, the tour will not take place for safety reasons. Instead, it would be conducted indoors via the model in reception, or we will endeavour to re-book your experience for an alternative date.
What happens on the day?
- On arrival at the Battle of Britain Memorial, you’ll be warmly welcomed by the team ready for your experience to begin. Kick things off with a 40 minute personal guided tour with exclusive access and information from a site tour guide.
- You’ll also enjoy the high-tech interactive Scramble Experience with a film at the heart of the experience.
- As part of your day, you’ll also tuck into a cream tea in the Cockpit Café, served with beautiful views. There’s plenty of hands-on activities to entertain little ones and interactive panels that’ll delve deeper into the Battle.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Please book and take your experience before the expiry date.
- This experience is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 11.00 and 14.00 during Mar-Sep and 11.00 and 13.00 during Oct - Feb. Date exclusions such as Christmas will apply.
- We recommend you book at least 4 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Please allow 3 hours for the full experience.
- Minimum age: 8
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a full paying adult
- Please mention any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
How do I book?
- Read through all of the above information for answers to any questions you might have about your experience.
- After purchasing this item via our online shop, contact us via email at email@example.com and quote your order number and name to book.
- Make a booking at an agreed time within one year of booking.
- Once booking you are bound by our terms and conditions. Make sure you understand the rules regarding changing or cancelling your booking (please book one month in advance of your chosen date and to rebook without a fee, all cancellations must be made two weeks before the booking date).
What should I wear?
Comfy clothing and footwear appropriate for walking across the Memorial is advised (trainers or walking boots are ideal). Please do check the weather and bring appropriate wet weather clothing if needed. It is unlikely that the weather will affect this experience. If there is extreme weather the tour would not take place, instead it would be conducted indoors via the model in reception.