The wall is named in tribute to the late Air Chief Marshal Sir Christopher Foxley-Norris, a Hurricane fighter pilot in 1940. He was the first President of the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust and, together with Lady Foxley-Norris, provided the funds that allowed plans for the wall to go ahead.
The Christopher Foxley-Norris Memorial Wall was unveiled by HRH Prince Michael of Kent in July 2005.
While the memorial is open every day, the car park and visitor centre are only open between 1 April and 30 September. The site is approached from either Dover or Folkestone on the B2011 at Capel-le-Ferne.
Maintaining the site as a fitting memorial to those brave young men of 1940 costs the Trust £70,000 a year, and plans to add new features and tributes will increase that burden.